It is done, or nearly done.

I ended up not putting on the shoulder cape at all. I also hand stitched black twill tape around the front edge to prevent it from unraveling. I may also add it around the bottom if it looks like it needs it.

The clasp is inaccurate for the time, it was meant to be for a sweater, but I can’t find any ribbons in town and needed this done to wear next week to a special event. So I added the clasp. Since there is so much that is inaccurate with this cloak and since the clasp looks good I may just leave it.

It does appear to be very warm and I will be interested to see if it works as a winter coat this coming year.